9:33 PM

Souveran vs Fuzion

Posted by Anthony

I haven't done any good product comparison experiments for awhile, but I think I'm going to start again. I'm going to begin with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax and Wolfgang Fuzion Paste Wax. The test vehicle is a 2005 Corolla XRS in sort of a charcoal grey color.

First impressions:

Fuzion was a little tougher to apply and remove. They both were fairly easy, but the Fuzion bites a lot more trying to rub it off. The Souveran always comes off like butter.

Fuzion enhances the flake in my paint MUCH better than Souveran does. It almost made the side I used it on look bronze in the light. Once again, Wolfgang creates a product that provides an instant appearance difference.

Fuzion and Souveran both smell terrific while applying them.

This test begins today and will be evaluated every week for the next several weeks. I will be looking at dust attraction, durability, cleanliness (some waxes don't attract the dust and rinse cleaner in the rain than others), and appearance. The Driver side was waxed with Fuzion and the Passenger side was waxed with the Souveran.

I lined the car up with the sun so I would get equal light on both sides for the baseline pictures. The sun is pretty far south and it is tough to get direct overhead light this time of year. It is also a little hazy out there today, so the light was difused a bit.

Here are the initial Day 1 pictures for a baseline.



















My Employee of the Month six months in a row approves of the shine. ;) he assisted in the application of both products. Again, if a five year old can do it, then so can anybody else!




Keep checking back for more updates on the progress!

2 comments:

Strider said...

What were your conclusions about Fuzion and Souveran? Which one do you prefer and why?

Cheers,
Al

Anthony said...

Fuzion lasted MUCH longer than Souveran did. I still had water beading on the Fuzion side in January where the Souveran side had all but disappeared. You could visually tell the difference when the car was wet or dirty. Fuzion is definitely a superior product and worth the cost.